Welcome to Anthropo!
Anthropo builds relationships and services that enable people to connect with each other, employ services, build communities and grow businesses. These Terms govern your use of Anthropo, except where we expressly state that separate terms (and not these) apply. These services are provided to you by Anthropo, Inc.
We don’t charge you to use Anthropo and services covered by these Terms, except for registration fee which we charge every user or business once they intend to upgrade their plan of services with us. This helps us to advertise your expertise, businesses and organisations and show your ads and service to the world. By using our services, you agree that we can show your personal details and ads to clients and companies that we think will be relevant to you, your interest and your interests. We use your personal data to help determine which ads to show you.
We don’t sell your personal data to employees, and we don’t share information that directly identifies you (such as your name, email address or other contact information) with employees unless you give us specific permission. Instead, employers/clients can tell us things such as the kind of audience that they want to see their ads, and we show those ads to people who may be interested. We provide employers/clients with reports about the performance of their ads that help them understand how people are interacting with their content. See Section 2 below to learn more.
Our Data Policy explains how we collect and use your personal data to determine some of the ads that you see and provide all of the other services described below. You can also go to your settings at any time to review the privacy choices you have about how we use your data.
The services we provide
- Provide a personalized experience for you: Your experience on Anthropo is unlike anyone else’s: from the job posts, stories, events, ads and other content that you see in News Feed or our video platform to the Pages that you follow and other features that you might use, such as Trending, Marketplace and search. We use the data that we have – for example, about the connections you make, the choices and settings you select, and what you share and do on and off our Services – to personalize your experience.
- Connect you with people and organisations that care about you: We help you find and connect with people, groups, businesses, organisations and others that matter to you across the Anthropo services that you use. We use the data that we have to make suggestions for you and others – for example, groups to join, events to attend, Pages to follow or send a message to. Stronger ties make for better communities, and we believe that our services are most useful when people are connected to people, groups and organisations that care about them.
- Help you discover content, services and services that may interest you: We show you ads, offers and other sponsored content to help you discover content, services and services that are offered by the many businesses and organisations and companies that use Anthropo and other Anthropo services.
- Combat harmful conduct, and protect and support our community: People will only build community on Anthropo if they feel safe. We employ dedicated teams around the world and develop advanced technical systems to detect misuse of our services, harmful conduct towards others and situations where we may be able to help support or protect our community. If we learn of content or conduct like this, we will take appropriate action – for example, offering help, removing content, removing or restricting access to certain features, disabling an account or contacting law enforcement. We share data with other Anthropo Companies when we detect misuse or harmful conduct by someone using one of our Services.
- Research ways to make our services better: We engage in research to develop, test and improve our services. This includes analyzing the data we have about our users and understanding how people use our Services, for example by conducting surveys and testing and troubleshooting new features. Our Data Policy explains how we use data to support this research for the purposes of developing and improving our services.
- Provide consistent and seamless experiences across the Anthropo Company Services: Our Services help you find and connect with people, groups, businesses, organisations and others that are important to you. We design our systems so that your experience is consistent and seamless across the different Anthropo Company Services that you use. For example, we use data about the people you engage with on Anthropo to make it easier for you to connect with them on Instagram or Messenger, and we enable you to communicate with businesses that you follow on Anthropo.
How our services are funded
Despite users paying to use Anthropo and the other services we offer, by using the Anthropo Services covered by these Terms, you also agree that we can show you ads that businesses and organisations pay us to promote on and off the Anthropo Company Services. We use your personal data, such as information about your activity and interests, to show you ads that are more relevant to you.
Protecting people’s privacy is central to how we’ve designed our ad system. This means that we can show you relevant and useful ads without telling employers/clients who you are without your permission. We don’t sell your personal data. We allow employers/clients to tell us things such as their business goal, and the kind of audience that they want to see their ads (for example, people between the ages of 18-35 who are painters) We then show their ad to people who might be interested.
We also provide our users and employers/clients with reports about the performance of their profile and ads and to help them understand how people are interacting with their content on and off Anthropo. For example, we provide general demographic and interest information to employers/clients (for example, that an ad was seen by a woman between the ages of 25 and 34 who lives in Osun states and likes house keeping) to help them better understand their audience. We don’t share information that directly identifies you (information such as your name or email address that by itself can be used to contact you or identifies who you are) unless you give us specific permission.
Your commitments to Anthropo and our community
We provide these services to you and others to help advance our mission. In exchange, we need you to make the following commitments:
Who can use Anthropo
When people stand behind their opinions and actions, our community is safer and more accountable. For this reason, you must:
- Use the same name that you use in everyday life;
- Provide accurate information about yourself;
- Create only one account (your own) and use your timeline for personal purposes; and
- Not share your password, give access to your Anthropo account to others or transfer your account to anyone else (without our permission).
We try to make Anthropo broadly available to everyone, but you cannot use Anthropo if:
- You are under 12 years old (or the minimum legal age in your country to use our Services).
- You are a convicted sex offender or a criminal.
- We’ve previously disabled your account for violations of our Terms or Policies.
- You are prohibited from receiving our services, services or software under applicable laws.
What you can share and do on Anthropo
We want people to use Anthropo to express themselves, tell the world what business they offer, what skill they have and importantly what they do and to share content that is important to them, but not at the expense of the safety and well-being of others or the integrity of our community. You therefore agree not to engage in the conduct described below (or to facilitate or support others in doing so):
You should not use our Services to do or share anything:
- That breaches these Terms, our Community Standards, and other Terms and Policies that apply to your use of Anthropo.
- That is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory or fraudulent.
- That infringes or violates someone else’s rights, including their intellectual property rights.
- You should not upload viruses or malicious code, or do anything that could disable, overburden or impair the proper working or appearance of our Services.
- You should not access or collect data from our Services using automated means (without our prior permission) or attempt to access data that you do not have permission to access.
We can remove or restrict access to content that is in violation of these provisions.
If we remove content that you have shared in violation of our Community Standards, we’ll let you know and explain any options you have to request another review, unless you seriously or repeatedly violate these Terms or if doing so may expose us or others to legal liability; harm our community of users; compromise or interfere with the integrity or operation of any of our services, systems or Services; where we are restricted due to technical limitations; or where we are prohibited from doing so for legal reasons.
To help support our community, we encourage you to report content or conduct that you believe violates your rights (including intellectual property rights) or our terms and policies.
- Updating our Terms
We work constantly to improve our services and develop new features to make our Services better for you and our community. As a result, we may need to update these Terms from time to time to accurately reflect our services and practices. We will only make changes if the provisions are no longer appropriate or if they are incomplete, and only if the changes are reasonable and take due account of your interests.
We will notify you (for example, by email or through our Services) at least 30 days before we make changes to these Terms and give you an opportunity to review them before they go into effect, unless changes are required by law. Once any updated Terms are in effect, you will be bound by them if you continue to use our Services.
We hope that you will continue using our Services, but if you do not agree to our updated Terms and no longer want to be part of the Anthropo community, you can close or delete your account at any time.
- Account suspension or termination
We want Anthropo to be a place where people feel welcome and safe to connect with the business community.
If we determine that you have clearly, seriously or repeatedly breached our Terms or Policies, including in particular our Community Standards, we may suspend or permanently disable access to your account. We may also suspend or disable your account if you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights or where we are required to do so for legal reasons.
Where we take such action, we’ll let you know and explain any options you have to request a review, unless doing so may expose us or others to legal liability; harm our community of users; compromise or interfere with the integrity or operation of any of our sources, systems or Services; or where we are restricted due to technical limitations; or where we are prohibited from doing so for legal reasons.
- Limits on liability
We work hard to provide the best Services we can and to specify clear guidelines for everyone who uses them. Our Services, however, are provided “as is”, and we make no guarantees that they will always be safe, secure or error-free, or that they will function without disruptions, delays or imperfections. To the extent permitted by law, we also DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. We do not control or direct what people and others do or say, and we are not responsible for their actions or conduct (whether online or offline) or any content that they share (including offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful and other objectionable content).
We cannot predict when issues may arise with our Services. Accordingly, our liability shall be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and under no circumstances will we be liable to you for any lost profits, revenues, information or data, or consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive or incidental damages arising out of or related to these Terms or the Anthropo Services, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
We try to provide clear rules so that we can limit or hopefully avoid disputes between you and us. If a dispute does arise, however, it’s useful to know up front where it can be resolved and what laws will apply.
If you are a consumer, the laws of the country in which you reside will apply to any claim, cause of action or dispute that you have against us, which arises out of or relates to these Terms or the Anthropo Services (“claim”), and you may resolve your claim in any competent court in that country that has jurisdiction over the claim. In all other cases, you agree that the claim must be resolved exclusively in the US District Court for the Northern District of California or a state court located in San Mate County. You also agree that you submit to the personal jurisdiction of either of these courts for the purpose of litigating any such claim, and that the laws of the State of California will govern these Terms and any claim, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
These Terms (formerly known as the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities) make up the entire agreement between you and Anthropo, Inc. regarding your use of our Services. They supersede any prior agreements.
Some of the Services we offer are also governed by supplemental Terms. If you use any of those Services, supplemental terms will be made available and will become part of our agreement with you. For instance, if you access or use our Services for commercial or business purposes, such as buying ads, selling services, developing apps, managing a group or Page for your business, or using our measurement services, you must agree to our Commercial Terms. If you post or share content containing music, you must comply with our Music Guidelines. To the extent that any supplemental Terms conflict with these Terms, the supplemental Terms shall govern to the extent of the conflict.
If any portion of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect. If we fail to enforce any of these Terms, it will not be considered a waiver. Any amendment to or waiver of these Terms must be made in writing and signed by us.
You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else without our consent.
You may designate a person (called a legacy contact) to manage your account if it is memorialized. Only your legacy contact or a person who you have identified in a valid will or similar document expressing clear consent to disclose your content upon death or incapacity will be able to seek disclosure from your account after it is memorialized.
These Terms do not confer any third-party beneficiary rights. All of our rights and obligations under these Terms are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
You should know that we may need to change the username for your account in certain circumstances (for example, if someone else claims the username and it appears unrelated to the name that you use in everyday life). We will inform you in advance if we have to do this and explain why.
We always appreciate your feedback and other suggestions about our services and services. But you should know that we may use them without any restriction or obligation to compensate you, and we are under no obligation to keep them confidential.
We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
Other Terms and Policies that may apply to you
- Community Standards: These guidelines outline our standards regarding the content that you post to Anthropo and your activity on Anthropo and other Anthropo Services.
- Commercial Terms: These Terms apply if you also access or use our Services for any commercial or business purpose, including advertising.
- Advertising Policies: These Policies specify what types of ad content are allowed by partners who advertise across the Anthropo Services.
- Self-Serve Ad Terms: These Terms apply when you use self-serve advertising interfaces to create, submit or deliver advertising or other commercial or sponsored activity or content.
- Anthropo Platform Policy: These guidelines outline the Policies that apply to your use of our platform (for example, for developers or operators of a platform application or website or if you use social plugins).
- Developer Payment Terms: These Terms apply to developers of applications that use Anthropo Payments.
- Community Payment Terms: These Terms apply to payments made on or through Anthropo.
- Commerce Policies: These guidelines outline the Policies that apply when you offer services and services for sale on Anthropo.
- Anthropo Brand Resources: These guidelines outline the Policies that apply to the use of Anthropo trademarks, logos and screenshots.
- Music Guidelines: These guidelines outline the Policies that apply if you post or share content containing music on Anthropo.